Like some other finance apps, Beforepay uses bank providers to create a connection to your bank. so we’re not in control of how often we can get an update from your bank or if there are errors connecting with them. They help us get information from your bank like bank balance, pay schedule, and also shows when our payments have posted.
Banks themselves also makes updates in their system and policy to keep clients’ accounts secure. The app recognizes this too, so there are times when we lose connection because of the change.
If the app lost connection to your bank for longer than 24 hours, get in touch with us and we’ll be more than glad to look further into the issue and assist you accordingly.
Most likely we’ll be aware of this issue and are already fixing it and we will post updates at our Twitter accounts
Aside from creating a healthy connection, it is also worth noting that the app needs to be linked to a checking account where you receive 50% or more of your direct deposit.
There are also a few common reasons why you cannot connect to your bank:
- Wrong Bank credentials - You'll be surprised how many people enter the wrong credentials in Beforepay! Write your credentials in a note app then paste them into Beforepay app to ensure they are entered correctly
- Your Bank changed its website - You can fix this by logging into your internet banking from a computer (not through your bank app). Then come back into Beforepay app and try to connect again
- You have 2FA turned on for your bank - Our systems do not currently support 2FA if you have it enabled to login to your internet banking
- We lost connection with your Bank - This will require you to re-enter your bank credentials even if you've already successfully connected your bank with Beforepay. Learn more about why here
- We could be experiencing general technical issues
If we are currently experiencing issues with your bank, you will see the following screens
Feel free to connect to your bank and we recommend you try two or three times, however if you are still experiencing issues please contact support at email@example.com
If we are unable to connect you bank you will see the following screen
While your bank connection is down, you will not be able to use Beforepay to cash out. We’re sorry in advance for the inconvenience.